Regulations on Geocache Placement in Cherry Creek State
|Cherry Creek State Park Website
Cherry Creek Geocaching Point of Contact:
Creek State Park is relatively friendly toward geocaching. Park
permission is required before any cache is placed, but the rules on
caches are fairly liberal.
- Anyone wanting to place a cache must provide information about
it to the park (primarily to document the location) and fill out a
Special Activities Agreement (no fee) before setting the cache.
The park will then consider each request individually and either
grant or deny permission.
- If planning a multi- or offset cache, information must be
provided and approved / denied for each location in the park.
- The dam structure (top, both upstream / downstream faces), and
wetlands are off-limits to caching.
- Caches should be placed in locations that do not encourage
searchers to go off-trail (i.e., keep caches close to existing
- Areas chosen should have minimal environmental impact (i.e.,
not along an eroding shoreline or bluff, not in a prairie dog
burrow, no digging or destroying vegetation, etc.).
- Anyone participating in this activity must abide by all park
rules and regulations, and while operating a motor vehicle within
the state park display a valid parks pass.
- Park staff will remove any Geocache that was not
|Back to Land Management|